kasahorow defines a number of measures to track progress monthly across the languages we work on. We recently simplified some of these measures. For each language, these measures now include:
- How often the dictionary is used: more than 4000 dictionary entries looked up at least 4 times.
- Growing the dictionary: more than 1000 words are imported and labeled with the correct word class.
- Reaching new users through Sua emails: more than 10 Sua emails are sent to at least 50 readers.
- Addressing feedback: at least 1 piece of user quality feedback is addressed.
- Song reviews: At least 10 song reviews on the kasahorow site have at least 50 readers.
- Anokwale news: At least 10 news pieces on the kasahorow site have more than 50 readers.
- The total performance on these measures for March 2021 was $4,961.65.
- The total performance on these measures for June 2021 was $6,173.65.
- This means that there was a 24.4% increase in performance over the quarter (up from a 13% increase the previous quarter).
Performance of the kasahorow Measures by Region
||Region|||Active Languages (increase from previous quarter)|||March 2021|||June 2021|||Change (%)|
How Our Language Managers Feel
According to our latest survey, 81% of our current Language Managers believe the payment model is fair (up from 79% in our last survey) and 67% think the current model will enable them to earn more (down from 84%), with more managers (28.6%) indicating that they were unsure.