kasahorow defines a number of measures to track progress monthly across the languages we work on. For each language, these include:
- How often the dictionary is used: more than 4000 dictionary entries looked up at least 4 times.
- Growing the dictionary: more than 1000 words are imported and labeled with the correct word class.
- Reaching new users through Sua emails: more than 10 Sua emails are sent to at least 50 readers.
- Addressing feedback: at least 1 piece of user quality feedback is addressed.
- Song reviews: At least 10 song reviews on the kasahorow site have at least 50 readers.
- Anokwale news: At least 10 news pieces on the kasahorow site have more than 50 readers.
- The total performance on these measures for September 2021 was $6.254.60.
- The total performance on these measures for December 2021 was $8.521.25.
- This means that there was a 36.2% increase in performance over the quarter (from a 1.3% increase the previous quarter).
Performance of the kasahorow Measures by Region
|Region||Active Languages (increase from previous quarter)||September 2021||December 2021||Change (%)|
|Europe||12 (-8)||$817.21||$ 680.10||-16.8%|
How Our Language Managers Feel
Our quarterly language manager survey has been restructured to help us understand how secure our language managers feel. Feeling secure means we are able to keep and manage relationships and work through challenges by communicating without fear or anxiety, thus making kasahorow a functioning productive environment. We had a positive response from our language managers, with nearly 90% of managers indicating that they felt secure and supported at kasahorow. We also had valuable feedback on what would help them feel more secure. Our regional managers will work closely with the language managers to address the feedback and implement actions from this.