What is the kasahorow Content Translator Program?
The kasahorow content translator program is a program for people who love to translate, and would like to use KWL tool to translate books into different African languages. The program involves learning to use the kasahorow Writers Language (KWL) to translate books for publishing. Through online and telephone guidance, participants will learn to translate content with KWL which will be packaged into books for the global market.
During the period, participants will submit weekly progress reports on translated content using KWL, and take part in self paced practice on KWL online platform (write.kasahorow.org/kwl).
Who can apply?
kasahorow seeks applications from technology lovers, technology bloggers, and technology writers and potential translators from everywhere in the world. Applicants may be citizens of any country.
As an applicant, you:
- Are motivated to learn to translate using KWL and publish books for an audience that is new to a language.
- Are willing and committed to do the work required to get your book translated, and published.
- Are interested in working with kasahorow to translate books into African languages to reach a broader audience and to advance kasahorow’s mission to modernize African Languages.
The entire kasahorow Writers’ Language (KWL) ICT Content Translator program is conducted in English. For that reason, we require you to be proficient in the English language to participate in the program.
What are my responsibilities as a kasahorow Writers’ Language trainee?
- 1-5 hours per week to work on translating chapters of English books into KWL
- Submit progress report on time, and make suggested corrections
- Submit Translated book chapter every week
- Collaborate with kasahorow to publish, promote and sell your books.
As a kasahorow Writers’ Language Trainee what will I receive?
- Improved knowledge, skills, and confidence in translating to different African languages using KWL tool
- The opportunity to translate, and learn to publish books in partnership with kasahorow
- A network of fellow translators from Africa and its diaspora.
- Translation per word rate will be communicated to selected applicants.
- Fellow will be given stipend to cover data bundle per week
How can I apply?
To be considered for the program, submit a 1-page motivational statement or sample translated work to firstname.lastname@example.org or through whatsapp message on +233267488811. Kindly include your full name, email address (preferably Gmail account), and telephone number.
What skill is required of me?
Participants must understand parts of speech, and be able to use a smartphone and computer. Basic programming language skill is a plus BUT NOT a requirement.
When is the application deadline?
We are now accepting applications for our maiden cohort of fellows from 2nd January 2018 – 31st January 2018, who will begin their fellowship on 15th February 2018.
Who can I contact if I have any questions about the application?
Should you have any questions or comments about the application, please email Papa Baffoe at email@example.com with the subject line: KWL ICT Content Translator Program Application.