Afia Obinim, Saturday. May 4, 2013
Keyboard prepared with Microsoft's Keyboard Layout Creator (http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx). Click the download link to download and install the Gbe keyboard for Windows.
Mac OS X
Download and install the kasahorow Gbe keyboard package for Mac OS X.
Ubuntu Linux as of version 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) comes with the Gbe keyboard layout.
- Go to System -> Preferences -> Keyboard
- Choose Layouts
- Click Add to add the secondary keyboard layout. Select Ghana from the A
. Select Gbe. NB: It is simpler to have two layouts; the maximum is currently four for Xorg.
- Choose Layout Options
- Expand option Group Shift/Lock behaviour
- Choose the key combination that enables you to switch between keyboard layouts. The default is by pressing both Alt keys at the same time. A common alternative is to use Alt+Shift.
- Press Close.
To add the keyboard layout indicator to your Ubuntu desktop, do the following steps
- Right-click on empty space on the top panel so that you see the pop-up menu.
- Click Add to Panel...
- Choose Keyboard Indicator (it is under the Utilities section, at the end)